WebSites and Platforms that Work
When it comes to web site development, we see our customer as your customer. We believe a web site is only truly successful when it meets the needs of the people it is designed to attract, inform, and entertain. TBHWebTech starts a project by working with you to understand the needs of your customers. This includes establishing:
- Who are they (prospects, established customers, business partners, investors, media, staff, etc.).
- What are their demographics (if relevant).
- What do visitors expect from the site.
- How do they expect to be communicated with.
- How will they find and get to your site.
- What are your business objectives for the site.
- What are the technical requirements (for example, any interfaces to other systems).
- How will the site evolve over time.
- What is the expected volume of traffic.
- What is the development budget or revenue model.
The answers to these questions help to:
- Set the criteria for measuring the success of a site.
- Develop a graphic design and user interface that resonates with visitors.
- Understand the style and type of content (textual, graphic, multimedia, interactive).
- Determine the type of systems infrastructure required (shared hosting, dedicated server, server cluster).
This process establishes objective benchmarks for a successful site.
A web site implementation typically flows through several stages:
- Information Architecture Organizing the information on the site, determining top level navigational elements, and establishing how users are expected to interact with the site.
- Wireframes / Mock-Ups Static images that illustrate the visual design of the site. Several alternative designs may be considered.
- Prototyping / Templating Moving the static design image into the elements of an interactive site that demonstrates the basic user interface with simulated or limited content.
- Programming and Configuration Assembling or developing the functional elements of the site.
- LoadingPutting the initial content on the site.
- Testing Verifying that the site meets all requirements for usability, content, and reliability. For complex sites, this may include pilot launches with focus groups or limited set of users.
- Deployment and Launch Configuring the production web site and making it available to the full user community.
- Monitoring Ensuring that the site is operating without serious errors, and that performance objectives are being met.
- Analytics Determining how the site is actually being found and used by visitors. Measuring which sections of the site are popular or unpopular. Identifying areas where the site may be confusing users or causing them to abandon the site.
- Maintenance Updating systems to track new features and security releases, ensuring content is up to date and that any databases are operating smoothly and are tuned for optimum performance.
Our implementation process ensures that the site we build is the site you want.
For more information or to start building a web site or platform that works, please contact us.